WHY APPLY TO THE EUROPAS
Six great reasons to apply to The Europas today.
The Europas Awards identifies and celebrates the most promising startups in Europe. We actively scout a long list of late seed to series A startups we think have the potential to succeed. Over the years, we've identified many of the biggest tech startups in Europe that have grown into unicorns or IPO'd. Being listed as part of this prestigious, independent event lets you 'rub shoulders' with the most successful companies in Europe.
If you have not yet received an invitation and you think you fit the criteria, we encourage you to enter for the opportunity to position your organisation alongside these other promising startups.
01. YOU'RE IN GOOD COMPANY
Every year, The Europas attracts a who's who of experts who come together to evaluate each nomination and vote for their favourites. Judges include high profile founders, senior tech journalists, academics, policy makers and Europe's leading VCs.
02. ALL STAR VC + EXPERT JUDGES
Unlock at least two weeks of social media exposure for your business. The ‘public vote’ stage of the judging process allows all longlisted applicants to benefit from considerable social media exposure. Rally your fans and or user base to encourage votes. Applicants will be notified in advance to allow time to prepare social media campaigns. Bios of shortlisted and longlisted candidates will also be published on the Europas website in a galley that users can peruse.
03. PR AND MARKETING
This year, The Europas returns live for our awards evenings. Our conference of deep dives and workshops will be held online with the aim of providing a high quality networking event grounded in editorial content. Last year we programmed over 24 hours on online events designed to encourage interaction and inspire conversation. We’ve also put in place a mobile app in which you can also network further.
04. NETWORK WITH VIPS IN PERSON AND ONLINE
Take your business to the next level and participate in a series of virtual workshops. The workshops are designed to help you understand what it takes to be a world-class tech company. Expert professionals who have helped propel many startups to unicorn status will contribute to the sessions alongside Mike Butcher and the wider Europas team. The workshops are now virtual and you will be able to ask questions and interact with the speakers.
05. LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS
The awards entry fee is £395 + VAT where applicable. The fee includes your application fee. It also includes for all entrants, and not just the long and shortlisted startups, your entry to the online conference and in-person awards. This year's networking awards will be held at Factory Lisbon, where you'll get to meet some of our judges or their representatives, along with a number of other VIP VC guests.
06. SIMPLE PRICING
Join the ranks of Europe’s elite startups who have won at The Europas. Since 2009, starting in a Soho pub in London, we've been identifying and celebrating Europe's leading tech startups.
APPLY TO AWARDS (Deadline 13 September 2022)
Who should apply to The Europas?
1. Category Sector Awards: For our sector awards, startups with at least a seed round up to Series A funding can apply. If you do not have funding, and are bootstrapped, your startup must be earning revenues of at least $500,000 USD. Companies must be a tech startup with a product or service to sell. Startups must have product market fit and demonstrate early traction.
2. Scaleup of the Year Award: Apply to Scaleup of the Year if you are Series B and up. If bootstrapped revenues of at least $1.5 million USD a year.
3. Unicorn of the Year Award: For those startups valued at $1 billion USD, apply to "Unicorn of the Year".
4. Investor Category Awards: Applications for investors are open to accelerators, seed funds, venture capital funds, or corporate VCs.
5. Geographic Criteria: Open to all startups and investors headquartered in Europe (including Israel and the Mediterranean basin).
6. Deadline EXTENDED: 13 September 2022, 23:59 BST.